Thursday, February 5, 2009

Trials

When we moved to GJ, we were asked to speak in church. It was the week before Thanksgiving so we were given the topic of Giving Thanks. Scott and I both kind of touched on being thankful for trials and how they only make you stronger, etc. Little did I know I would have to take those words to heart just a few months later! We are really struggling to figure out what will be best for our family and this point. Scott has an amazing job here in GJ, great pay, lots of time off but he doesn't love the hours and it's a little more responsibility than he would like. But Jay and Brae are both struggling to make friends and Jay is still being bullied. We loved it in Boise and all of us were so happy there. We still have a house there that we are unable to sell, but Scott doesn't have a job there and even if he did, it wouldn't pay him anywhere near what he makes here.

So, I started thinking, money isn't everything and I would much rather see my kids be happy and have lots of friends than have a fat paycheck every month. I was at the point that I wanted to leave Scott here and move back to Boise with the kids until Scott could find a job there. But then I started thinking again, maybe Jayden needs to be here and go through these trials to make him stronger and teach him things that he otherwise would never learn. Don't get me wrong, it SUCKS watching him go through this trial, but I would hate to take it away from him if it is what our Father in Heaven needs him to go through at this point in his life. Jayden is such a great kid and it is heartbreaking to know that there are people in his life that will never know what an amazing person he is just because he is an easy target for them. But the awesome thing about having the restored gospel and all the truth that comes with that, is I know that his Heavenly Father knows how amazing he is and what he is capable of and that He will never give Jayden anything he can't handle. My job as his mother in this life is to help him to build his testimony and stay close to our Father in Heaven. It is a daunting task, especially in this terrible world we live in, but one that I am absolutely commited to and am so grateful to have!!

So, eventhough it is one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through, I will contuine to help Jay through this trial and all the trials that will come and I will put my trust and faith in my Heavenly Father and my Savior and know that everything will work out the way that it should. Sometimes the journey takes us down paths that we would rather not be on but if we let our Savior be our guide, we will ALWAYS make it to our destination.

2 comments:

Traci said...

Hey Brenda,
I don't think there is anything harder in life than watching our kids suffer! I think the trial is just as big for the parents if not worse! You guys are such a strong sweet family Jayden has a great support system!!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I just don't UNDERSTAND it...why are kids that way? I know it is the influence of the parents and their environment...but WHY bully another kid? I hate that!

YOu are such a strong MOM...I'm thankful for the gospel and how it puts things into perspective in my life also! :)