Well, I have decided to start a second blog just for me to journal. A new, awesome friend (love ya Shelle!) suggested I do it. She says it's VERY therapeutic. So, I decided I can always use a little therapy and I'm giving it a try!
So, what is on my mind right now? CHRISTMAS!! It is by far my very most favorite holiday. I love the whole season leading up to it and everything that comes with it. I love the commercial part of Christmas (Santa, Rudolph, gifts, trees, lights, etc.) but this year I am trying trying to think of ways I can really teach my kids the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I know that they understand we are celebrating Jesus Christ's birth but they still only think about what's in it for them. I know that being a kid means being self-centered but I want to figure out a way to help them be unselfish at least one time a year! So, if any of you have any ideas, please enlighten me.
Thanksgiving, of course, is also on my mind. I can't believe it is only a week away! Where has this year gone? Time seems to be going faster and faster! I'm so excited to reconnect with family and remember that I have SO much to be thankful for. My life is so blessed! Here is my list of the top 101 things I am thankful for.
1. The gospel of Jesus Christ
2. My Savior, Jesus Christ
3. The Atonement
4. The Book of Mormon
5. My amazing husband
6. Jayden
7. Braedy
8. Masen
9. Kaylen
10. My goodly parents
11. My three awesome brothers
12. My sweet sisters-in-law
13. My nieces and nephews (they all are the most adorable kids!)
14. A living prophet
15. That my amazing 12-year-old willingly gets up at 5:45 to study the scriptures!
16. A warm house
17. My husband's job
18. The fact that I get to stay home and be a full-time mommy.
19. My Heavenly Father
20. Family Home Evening
21. Clothes
22. Indoor plumbing
23. Friends
24. Health
25. Comfy beds
26. Church Magazines
27. Computers
28. My Ward Family
29. Books
30. Movies
31. Shoes
32. Water
33. The Earth
34. Schools
35. That my parents make every effort to visit us as much as possible.
36. Stores
37. Silverware
38. The BYU channel
39. That my awesome hubby cleans the kitchen whenever I don't get to it!
40. Music
41. Gymnastics
42. The gift of the Holy Ghost
43. My amazing Grandma who never forgets a birthday for any of her 44 kids/grandkids.
44. Love
45. Teachers
46. Eyeglasses
47. Sports
48. Doctors
49. Food
50. Grass
51. Meeting and making new friends
52. The United States of America
53. My dad who, not only loves me unconditionally, but can fix ANYTHING!!
54. The Priesthood
55. Telephones
56. Holidays
57. Cars
58. My piano
59. Washers and dryers
60. Richmond, VA and the awesome experience we had there.
61. All the amazing friends I made while Scott was in dental school.
62. Science (just because Jay loves it).
63. Parks and playgrounds
64. Oreos
65. Deoderant
66. Bikes
67. That my kids love each other and (for the most part) get along amazingly well.
68. Repentance
69. My mother- and father-in-law
70. Scott's brothers and sister and their spouses.
71. Shopping with my mom, which doesn't happen enough.
72. Hair dryers
73. Blogging
74. Lotion
75. That I have Braedy who is always willing to help me with anything.
76. Surgeons
77. Tools
78. Fingers
79. Flowers
80. Support from family and friends.
81. Airplanes
82. That Masen is here and healthy.
83. The relationship I have with my mom. We talk EVERY day!!
84. Teeth
85. Babies, to remind us of how close heaven really is.
86. Marriage
87. Temples
88. That Kaylen makes me laugh every single day.
89. Hospitals
90. Electricity
91. Pajama pants
92. Christmas lights
93. Eyes
94. Joseph Smith
95. Education and knowledge
96. Restaurants (for those nights I just don't want to cook).
97. Ears
98. Video games (just because my kids love them so much).
99. Blankets
100. Heat
101. Knowledge that there is a life after this.
These, obviously, are in no particular order and I know I have a million more reasons to be grateful. My life is by no means perfect but I have learned if I focus on the wonderful things in my life, the bad things don't seem so terrible. I am so grateful for all the blessings in my life. And so excited for the upcoming holidays!!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We all love you and look up to you! You are a great example to me.
Love you
-Leah
YEA BRENDA!!! Okay...so I'm adding this one to my GOogle Reader AND my blog if that is okay with you...I just spent the last 15 minutes reading all of your posts!
WOW...we are so much alike it's uncanny!
I hope it's a little theraputic for you...and I LOVE this post and CAN't BELIEVE you came up with 101 things to be thankful for ... you're amazing!
Christmas IS stressful...and such a build up...but for the kids it's priceless so we forge ahead...right?
Anyway...I just was looking around and decided to check your family blog and then I saw this blog under your profile and hopped on over!!! :)
Post a Comment