Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pressure

I think I put too much pressure on myself! I want everything to be perfect for the holidays and so I make lists of what needs to be done, bought, cleaned etc. And it seems the more lists I make the more stressed out I feel. I then just sit and look at the lists and feel overwhelmed and wonder when and how I will ever get it all done. On one hand, I have to make lists or I will never remember everything. On the other hand, is it worth it? I think I am screwed either way because I'm stressed out either way! Maybe I'm just programed to be stressed no matter what.

Why is it as mom's we somethimes put so much pressure on ourselves? The kids have a great time on holidays whether it's perfect or not. They don't remember if the dusting was done, the toilets scrubbed, the beds made, the food perfect, or the kitchen spotless. All they remember is if mom and dad were happy, the feelings that they had and the people that were there.

The holidays are a time for family, love, peace, and joy. All the commercialism and pressure is just stuff that we have made up along the way. So, this holiday season, I am going to try to not put so much priority on the things and put more priority on the people. I love my family and they mean everything to me. So, I want to show that this year and make some awesome memories!! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

No comments: