Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just call me a gym rat!

It has been way too long! I do have an excuse though. I have started on the super fun journey of losing weight! I have been working out 8-10 workouts a week and I am exhausted pretty much all the time. The other day, my 10-year-old asked me, "Doesn't your trainer know that you have kids?" I guess she was feeling a little neglected! For the most part the kids have been fantastic and the two older ones are really supportive and get SOOOOO excited when I lose a couple of pounds! I'll just never understand why it's so easy to put weight on, and so terribly hard to take it off!! AND, why it takes SOOOO long to get in shape and it only takes a couple of days to get out of shape!

So, now for the really exciting part...I have lost 21 pounds in 2 1/2 months!! It's definitely not as fast as I would like it to be but I'm trying to do it the healthy way and I guess that means slow and steady! I hired a trainer and she is AMAZING! I honestly love her! She not only tells me what I need to do but she is so supportive emotionally and mentally! And that is truly what I need! Hopefully, things will continue to go well and I can stay on track! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

YEA!!! GOod luck Brenda... that is AMAZING! I was just trying to convince Klayton to let ME invest in a personal trainer!

I'm WAY proud of you!

. said...

Good luck Brenda, I think you are doing a great job.